Product Selection Guide
1. Q. What is a Quantum Random Number Generator (QRNG)?
2. Q. What is the difference between true- and pseudorandom numbers?
3. Q. Is the Model R2000KU or R32MU still available?
4. Q. Are the QNG Models PQ32MU and PQ4000KU backward compatible with the Models R2000KU, R32MU or J1000KU?
5. Q. Why do I need a true random generator versus a pseudorandom generator?
6. Q. Do you sell or provide analysis of gaming systems?
7. Q. Do you provide custom cryptographic software applications/support?
8. Q. What kind of technical support is offered by the company?
1. Q. How do I purchase a true random number generator?
2. Q. What credit cards do you accept?
3. Q. My credit card was charged but I never received a PCQNG license. Why?
Please email or call us if you have any issues purchasing or receiving your license.
4. Q. How much does the shipping cost?
5. Q. What options are available for shipping?
6. Q. Do you offer quantity discounts?
7. Q. Are there any reseller discounts?
8. Q. Are there any authorized reseller/distributors of ComScire products?
9. Q. What is the return policy for ComScire software licenses?
10. Q. What is the return policy for ComScire hardware random number generators?
11. Q. What is the warranty for hardware generators?
1. Q. What is the PCQNG?
2. Q. How is it possible for a computer to generate non-deterministic or True random numbers?
3. Q. How good are the random numbers produced by the PCQNG Device?
4. Q. Can I use the PCQNG as a random event generator (REG) for micro-PK, DMMI or other parapsychological experiments?
5. Q. PCQNG Free-Trial doesn’t work. Why?
If this does not resolve the issue, please contact us and provide some information on your operating system and computer type and any symptoms you may observe when trying to install or run the program.
6. Q. Unable to install PCQNG. The installer complains that I don’t have administrator privileges and exits, despite the fact that I do in fact have administrative privileges.
Please run the included randomness tester (PCQNGmeter) to ensure proper functioning.
7. Q. I have used the PCQNGmeter to test the PCQNG. They have tested out at 20.9+ to 29.9+ on the sliding scale. What do you advise as being a good result/level on the test scale?
8. Q. Do you have a version or patch that is compatible with 64-bit Windows versions?
9. Q. In the application: PCQNGFile, there is a mode setting. It does affect speed of generation of the numbers. Does it also affect the quality of the random numbers produced?
1. Q. A Sequence of numbers generated was not “random”. Why?
2. Q. Is the PQ4000KU capable of generating 5 numbers of 4 digits each, every 10 minutes for a lottery game?
3. Q. What tests are available for the QNG true random number generators?
4. Q. Do you have a Linux software version?
5. Q. Does the PQ4000KU register itself as a serial port? E.g. like a com-port? Or is a special dll required?
6. Q. Is there any API which is written in java for interacting with your device?
7. Q. Can multiple TRNGs be installed on the same computer? Alternatively, can a single TRNG receive calls from multiple software at the same time?
These comments also apply to the Model PQ32MU, 32 Mbps generator.
8. Q. You claim your hardware random number generator speed is 4,000,000 bit per second. I want to know is that work practically. In other words, is that feasible in practice (including all aspects such as hardware, interface…)?
9. Q. We are testing your PCQNG 2.0 software using the active X control.
10. Q. Is it practical to build our first system prototype with the PCQNG and later upgrade to the PQ4000KU?
11. Q. Is the PCQNG 2.0 License required to use the PQ4000KU hardware?
12. Q. Is my software prevented from using random numbers cached in a buffer when the TRNG is unplugged?
13. Q. Do you have a Mac software version?
1. Q. Do you have any independent certificates or test results?
ComScire QNG devices are guaranteed to pass any properly designed test for randomness. Four selected Model PQ4000KU generators have been directly tested to more than 1 terabit of continuous output data without any indication of statistical defect, and the Model PQ32MU was cumulatively tested to more than 20 terabits – likely the longest sequence of directly-tested true random generator output bits in the world. All generators are tested to at least 100 Gbits at the time of manufacture as part of our QA program. Our testing procedures are more stringent than any other manufacturers’. We have been selling online, world-wide for 18 years – the longest of any hardware RNG company, and we hold 5 issued patents (others pending) covering the technology.
2. Q. Does your Hardware TRNG pass the FIPS standard?
3. Q. Does PCQNG comply with FIPS 140-2 standard, section 4.7.1?